roliana
Read the latest updates from Roliana
freyate wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 am
Mystik-Rose86 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 am
I amazingly completed the haunted house, I have my prize from the tree, I have entered the contests that interested me...
Oh yeah... I also had an awesome time!

Image☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗HAPPY∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧Image

Congratz on finishing the haunted house and good luck with the contests. We're gonna start judging them now, so I'm hoping to have the results before the 7th of december.
I'm sooooo happy you had an awesome time!
Image☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗HALLOWEEN∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧Image

Wow... that long
Jeez
Can't wait for the next event :)

Re: Event ending and other little things!

Image i suddenly became busy and didn't get a chance to enter the contests and totally forgot to get my mules through the haunted house too
WHOOPS

other than that though it was glorious! ;w; so much fun~
In my opinion, Roliana has the right kind of blend! It is small enough for more personalized events but big enough that it can still host large community styled events too.

The newest storytelling style really made it a fun little experience. Loved the way the staff blended NPC lore with riddles and other games. Although that doll one was hard! Did not try the "and" part of the answer for a while but eventually got it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I probably got to the tree right after it closed...I was sort of a procrastinator since I forgot to finish everything prior to the last day of the event since I got caught up in other stuff at home. I am glad you put the candies in the event shop as I love collecting all possible event items.

I will be eagerly watching for the contest announcements. I really loved all the artwork submitted for the coloring contest!
Hey, now that it's closed I have something I wanted to discuss. The last riddle was actually the hardest for me and the only one I needed to look up. I've never heard of keeping word, and thought the answer was 'respect' because it's something you have to give before you can keep it. Is this just a colloquialism that I'm not familiar with?

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗BEAUTIFUL∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

@realAniram : It's "keeping your word" but we made it so that "your word" and "word" were correct.
Like keeping your promise? Maybe it's a colloquialism that is unfamiliar? Kinda difficult to figure that out since English isn't my native language.
I have heard of keeping your word though but more in movies where the setting was more... English/UK/old ages?
"I give you my word, so now I need to keep it" is what it is I guess. It makes sense in my head...

@Guardian Trickster : thanks for the feedback! Next time when we're going to do something like those dolls I think I'm going to work with buttons or a dropdown or something. Then there can be no problem about entering the right type of words...

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗CHAOS∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

realAniram wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm
Hey, now that it's closed I have something I wanted to discuss. The last riddle was actually the hardest for me and the only one I needed to look up. I've never heard of keeping word, and thought the answer was 'respect' because it's something you have to give before you can keep it. Is this just a colloquialism that I'm not familiar with?
I also had the same problem. I knew the answer the moment I read the other riddles but the last one really stopped me. I finally looked it up so I could finish it.

Respect was my first guess. Once that failed I went with Wealth/Money (in the sense of investment). I would never have thought about Word as the answer.

@Guardian Trickster : thanks for the feedback! Next time when we're going to do something like those dolls I think I'm going to work with buttons or a dropdown or something. Then there can be no problem about entering the right type of words...
That sounds awesome. I loved the riddles and other games but a drop down would definitely work for the matching styled games.

If a drop down menu does not work, maybe something that has a selection of separate images you click (and enter being separate too). It would let people pick the choices without having to write anything.

I have no idea how hard writing and plugging in code is. The best I have ever done was make a profile and newsletter. I also had to use bits of templates in those designs too. :sweat_smile:

@Guardian Trickster and @realAniram
Maybe we'll work with multiple choice questions instead. This way people just need to select the answer they believe to be true. :smiley:
Less chance for mistakes etc.

What you guys think?

It all depends on how difficult different browsers make things. Google Chrome is so easy and works with all code as far as I know. But Firefox is such a crybaby. Always messes up code...

I definitely like the choice selection option. The User still has the opportunity to go through the games and think about their choices. They just do not get stuck with trying to also figure out the specific way it might be worded/typed.

Darn, I am one of those Firefox users. :sweat_smile: We have the option to go to Chrome but the computer I use is older and stubborn when it comes to upgrades and stuff. It almost always slows down and gets stuck on Internet Explorer and with Google Chrome it just freezes up (most of the time). Firefox seems like it is just right in the middle.

If the choice selection works best on Google Chrome just for event stuff then it might not be so bad if it gets stuck on the page so long as it accepts what I hit. Would definitely love if most of the event can be viewed using various browsers though.

@Guardian Trickster : yeah you're definitely right. About the being able to view the event through various browsers. I'm definitely going to work on that!
This was just a general test of this type of events. And people seemed to like it, so I'm hoping the other staff members agree with me about making more like these events.

Now I just need to make my code a bit more...proper. Because the way I did it now is a bit of a hassle. So I need to streamline it a bit and make it better viewable etc.

The two male voices were in fact members of the de[…]

http://78.media.tumblr.com/8577132b19d52eaaf8d1d2[…]

always nice to have ppl come back!

hi and welcome aboard!!

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!