roliana

Read the latest updates from Roliana

Updates: Check it out!

Hello Citizens of Roliana!

It’s time for another update for you all!
Here is a list of everything that is new:
  • On July 16th we released a second Posting Contest! You can find more information here: http://www.roliana.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... p=13382894
  • On July 20th we released a second avatar contest! Which you can read more about here: http://www.roliana.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... p=13382896
  • We are also glad to inform that there has been a new game release! It is called coil. You can find it here: http://www.roliana.com/games/coil/ This is still in a testing phase, so if you find any errors, please let us know!
  • AS A SPECIAL TREAT! Since the last month of the event has begun, we wish to help people gain more cakes and make sure they get their set! Therefor the coil game now also gives cakes along with gold! You can get a maximum of 100 cakes per day from this game!
Now for a few sad remarks:
  • Junes MI Botanical Cub has been removed from the Ancient Temple
  • The first avatar contest, the baking contest and the item design contest in our 10th Roliversary forum have now ended.
  • Fundraiser Platinum Hair bundle has been sold out :disappointed: However the gold hair bundle is still available! Be sure to get it before it runs out! http://www.roliana.com/platinum/fundraising.php
Note: If you bought the platinum hair bundle, please contact Chu* to inform her about which MI from 2016-2017 you would like to see recolored and into which colours.
If you wish, you can wait for the rest of the year to see if there are other items you would like a recolour of. Best is to let Chu* know of that decision as well.

:sparkle: :v: We also managed to pay our webhost for another year. So yay for another year of Roliana :v: :sparkle:

Just as a general FYI to everyone: photobucket changed their policies and you now need to pay to be able to link an image on a different website. If you used photobucket for your signature or your post deco on Roliana, you'll need to either pay for it on photobucket or find a different imagehost and replace the link. This doesn't only affect your images on Roliana, but on all other websites you may have posted images on from photobucket.
- imgur.com might be a good option, however keep their terms in mind: "Using HTML code to share or add an image from Imgur to another site, forum, or friend is fine. You cannot, however, use Imgur as the CDN for your entire site/blog/forum’s image base. Powering headers, banners, buttons, avatars, etc. might be examples of ways to not use Imgur. Imgur is not designed to be a content delivery network (CDN), which is what is meant by the line in the TOS, that reads “Don’t use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your…"
- postimages.org is another possibility and there are probably several others you could use as an alternative. If you find any others, feel free to post them here.
If you entered into the first avatar contest and used photobucket to post your entry, please reupload your entry on a different host and repost your entry. Thank you!
http://www.roliana.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=227298

Re: Updates: Check it out!

YAY! I love the idea of games giving event currency! What a neat bonus.
Thanks for all your hard work, Roli team!

Yeah... my mouse doesn't work at all on this game. Not sure why, as you can see the curser move around to circle the orbs, but it just doesn't act like it does anything else at all?

⇜⚶⚶⚎⚎☸✺☸✺☸✺☸✺☸☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝⚎⚎⚶⚶↬

@Evocative Enigma : you need to make sure that you close the circles. If you don't close the circle, it won't take away the orbs.

↫⚶⚶⚎⚎⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝⛤⚝☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☸✺☸✺☸✺☸✺☸⚎⚎⚶⚶⇝

@Freyate
There really isn't a way for me to do that, as it doesn't register my mouse at all. I'll post a video here in a minute of what it does for me, if need be.... but no matter how many times I move my mouse around a circle it does NOTHING.

The new game worked great on my iPhone, if that helps to know. I tried it first on my laptop and it was hard to move the curser fast enough with my touchpad (but that's completely my fault, lol), but it was a lot easier on mobile.

@Melodie : Thank you for letting us know that it does work on your phone.

@Evocative Enigma : well what Shiyura asked.. XD

@[SHIYURA]

Yes, I was able to play that one very easily actually. It registered all my mouse moves and was very responsive.

Well... whatever the issue was with the first few games, it looks like it got worked out. I'm not sure... I went to play it again, and for some reason it registered all the movements just fine. I was going to record a short vid that showed the Source game play and then on the same video with Roli's game, and Roli's version worked fine this time. XD

It's actually a pretty cool game, once the mouse issue was solved! THANK YOU GUYS so much for working on it! ^_^

So glad it got fixed cause I had no clue how to solve it otherwise. Maybe it was a cache issue or something. Or maybe playing it at the source did something. I don't know haha.

Mystery issues being solved mysteriously :thumbsup:

@freyate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't a clue either, but hey... at least the bug didn't seem to stay. ^_^ Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it. Honestly figured you guys tweaked the code, I don't know why it didn't register mouse movement the first game at all, but hey like you said, maybe it was just cache or something. XD

It reminds me a bit of the old Roli game Avoidance... I really missed that one a lot, so I'm glad to have something similar back. ^_^

I seriously lack motivation so on days when I do f[…]

I was speaking to my manager at work about the pap[…]

Blooming hell 15 hrs. I might actually have to get[…]

♫ ♫ ♫ Those are tasty too! We're sticking w[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!