roliana
Serious and in-depth debates and discussions
449/500
TRIGGER WARNING!
Oklahoma court: oral sex is not rape if victim is unconscious from drinking

The ruling sparked outrage among critics who argue the judicial system engaged in victim-blaming and upholding outdated notions about rape and sexual assault

An Oklahoma court has stunned local prosecutors with a declaration that state law doesn’t criminalize oral sex with a victim who is completely unconscious.

The rest is here: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... ol-consent

Re: Oklahoma court: oral sex not rape if victim is...

1. That is literally the stupidest thing I've heard this week.

Unconscious = unable to give consent.
    No consent given = rape.

It's not that hard to understand.

1. because deciding to get drunk (assuming it's even an active decision and not an accident) automatically gives consent to sex!

what the fuck are they thinking? like zitao pointed out, it's the most basic of fucking logic.
First I'd like to start of by sharing this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ

Then I'd like to say, If I had to guess, the people that create legislation regarding consent or sexual assault have never experienced a sexual assault.

Secondly, I'd like to add that when you put topics concerning assault or consent in any other contexts (such as in the tea and consent video), it still sounds creepy and wrong.

If someone were making a claim that having sex (oral or penetrative) with an unconscious individual is not wrong, I would ask them to replace the word sex with any other action word/term such as: cooking, driving, swimming, or performing surgery. If you would find it absurd to try to convince someone that having an unconscious person drive, cook, swim, or perform surgery is wrong, then why is it so hard for people to understand that having sex with someone who is unconscious is wrong?

Neil and Izy both turned to face them as Izy utter[…]

The general site layout looks pretty different.[…]

My sister and I waited until the midnight launc[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!