roliana
Serious and in-depth debates and discussions

So shameless

Just when I thought It could not be worse. A white cop wo killed a black teen and his neighbour is suing the teen's family. He wants 10$ mil in damages because the shooting left him traumatized.

A Dream of You is Like a Dream of a Better Day

Re: So shameless

----- strawberries n'cream -----[/size]

♡whatt??? wow.. o-o
there was a case once where a man broke into a woman's house..
she heard him and she got a bat and knocked him unconscious and
he sued her

«-----------------[ pug ]-----------------»

[/color][/size]

════════════
ImageWhat's worse is there is a chance that, depending on the country/state/etc., there is a chance that both the teen's family and that woman could lose their cases. ._.

I remember reading up on this one robberer who sued the family because he fell through their window and got severely injured. :/
I don't remember what happened in the case but I HOPE he got denied. People really don't have any shame do they?

Link to the news stories, please?

Quintessence wrote:Link to the news stories, please?
      1. ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
      1. Police officer sues the estate of the university student he fatally shot
        White police officer who shot dead a black teenager files bizarre $10million lawsuit saying the shooting left HIM traumatized
        Cop who shot Quintonio LeGrier and neighbor sues teen's estate, claiming trauma

There's just three sources.
      1. ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

This kind of reminds me of the "Spilled my coffee on myself at McDonald's so I sued them for having hot coffee without a warning!" and now we have labels on all of our cups stating, "Careful It's hot!"

The concept is downright silly, and we all know that the label is self-explanatory, "What?! Coffee is Hot?"

Hopefully it gets thrown out as outlandish.
I feel like if you're going to get into a high-risk job it should come with the expectation that you could potentially end up traumatized by something.
As for the Neighbor, like.. Really?
I'd also venture on calling it selfish. But I think that's the society we're creating these days,
"Me!Me!Me!"
But what about them?
"But what about me?"

Maybe the family should now sue whoever let such a silly thing into courts for emotional damage?

vengeance wrote:

Just when I thought It could not be worse. A white cop wo killed a black teen and his neighbour is suing the teen's family. He wants 10$ mil in damages because the shooting left him traumatized.

A Dream of You is Like a Dream of a Better Day

Oh yeah, it's his fault that he shot that kid. Good lord

Rosen wrote:This kind of reminds me of the "Spilled my coffee on myself at McDonald's so I sued them for having hot coffee without a warning!" and now we have labels on all of our cups stating, "Careful It's hot!"

The concept is downright silly, and we all know that the label is self-explanatory, "What?! Coffee is Hot?"

Hopefully it gets thrown out as outlandish.
I feel like if you're going to get into a high-risk job it should come with the expectation that you could potentially end up traumatized by something.
As for the Neighbor, like.. Really?
I'd also venture on calling it selfish. But I think that's the society we're creating these days,
"Me!Me!Me!"
But what about them?
"But what about me?"

Maybe the family should now sue whoever let such a silly thing into courts for emotional damage?
Have you looked into the coffee story, The woman got 3rd degree burns in her groin, and all she wanted was for the business to cover the medical costs. They refused. And the coffee was hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns in seconds. Faster then your home coffee maker. And the business knew this, as they constantly had complaints about people, including their own workers, burning themselves from the coffee.

The big "Stupid chick v. McDonalds" case was a strange one. She or they didn't put the lid on right and she decided to try to put the lid on right while it was between her thighs. She sued and won, and now they have to print "Caution: HOT" on lids and containers. HOWEVER. McDonalds countersued or filed something and won, so she didn't get much.
A better example would be the curling irons with the "Not for internal use" warnings. Gotta wonder about those.

Things like that make me want to put more faith in Darwinism. If someone's that stupid, they're not helping the gene pool.

For the cases where some dumbass criminal "gets hurt" while committing a crime, I want to smash any judge who rules in their favor in the face. In my opinion, and this is an unpopular opinion, apparently, if you break into someone's house and they catch you, they can do whatever the f*ck they want to do to you. If they want to put a bullet in your face, good. I hate thieves. If they want to put a gun to the back of your dumb skull and let you walk away with sh*t-filled britches, fine. If they want to just scare you off, Okay. I do not support the sh*t about how you can't put a bullet in their back if they're leaving after robbing your house or raping your daughter or killing your family. It's bullsh*t. They shouldn't be in your house. At all. They are trespassing and you can't know what they want or what they're going to do. They might be faster than you. I don't care if they're a stupid teen or an organized thief or a serial murderer. The homeowner should have the right to shoot them dead where they stand.
The home is suppose to be a safehaven. It's where you sleep and let down your guard and walk around without pants. If someone has the gall to destroy that sense of trust with your own home, they are a waste of space and oxygen and serve no purpose in society except to break and destroy. End them.

Mind you, I'm ridiculously empathetic. I feel bad for people and animals and even insects. I feel bad when I hit bugs while driving down the highway. I hate cases of abuse or neglect. I think about animals in shelters and I want to love all of the kitties. However, my empathy is reserved for the victims. F*ck the perps. I don't understand how any decent human being can look at a criminal and their victims and favor the damn criminal. Beyond the Heinz dilemma, I see no reason to steal anything and I support chopping off hands. I hate thieves and liars. HATE.

Sadly, cops nowadays can be a bad egg thanks to that white cop killing an innocent black kid at Missouri couple years ago. Luckily there is some hope for good cops since nowadays they do background checks on people whom trying to be cops, but that doesn't stop some of them though, since later in life, they might end up losing jobs when they pulled a bad move.

As for a person who sued that cop, good for them for doing a right thing. I'm pretty sure that cop got fired after what he did to the said person.

The two male voices were in fact members of the de[…]

http://78.media.tumblr.com/8577132b19d52eaaf8d1d2[…]

always nice to have ppl come back!

hi and welcome aboard!!

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!