roliana
Enjoy some chatter, make new friends, or join a club

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳

╔═══════════════╗
Introduction
╚═══════════════╝

Welcome to the Roliana Writers Hangout. This is a place where anyone working on original stories, fanfics, poetry — or those who want to become better writers in general — can get together and chat about whatever. If you need advice, inspiration, or just someone to bounce ideas off of, this is the place for you, though remember to read the rules first. We can help one another flourish and bloom into better writers.

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳

╔═══════════╗
Rules
╚═══════════╝

Follow the forum rules specified by Roliana
Do not mock or insult other members
Refrain from criticizing other users; that being said, constructive critique is acceptable
If you quote a passage from your original work, make sure it is in quotations
If the passage isn't yours, make sure you provide a citation
We are not a free editing service at the Roli community's disposal. If you want a crit, stay and chat first!
Plagiarism is unacceptable, and will result in being blacklisted

╔═════════════╗
Members
╚═════════════╝

Founder - Cari

I'm a full-time art teacher in the public school system by day, and a writer by night! I discovered fanfiction in middle school, and I've been writing ever since. Years of writing fanfics became the catalyst for my ongoing original stories.

Co-Founder - Avonia

I make my living through art, writing and playing bass in a band, finding the time to write my stories in between freelance articles and blog content. Of my two completed books, one is available in print and in ebook form.

Thread Moderator - {Blue-Eyed}Dragonfly

I'm currently a minimum wage minion in retail hell, with big dreams of becoming a published author in the near future. I started writing in sixth grade after a sudden burst of inspiration in the middle of one school night, and have been writing ever since. I currently have so many stories, that it's a miracle my characters haven't trampled over my brain...permanently.

Frequent Members

Users who participate in the thread long enough for me to remember their names will go here!

MotherGarnet
Gogandantes
Cherry
naphthalene

╔═══════════╗
Reserved
╚═══════════╝

Reserved

╔═══════════╗
Reserved
╚═══════════╝

Reserved

╔═══════════╗
Reserved
╚═══════════╝

Reserved

╔═══════════╗
Reserved
╚═══════════╝

Reserved

╔═══════════╗
Reserved
╚═══════════╝

Reserved

:lol:
I think the layout is cool, though.

I notice you changed your summary slightly.

I'm surprisingly proud of mine. I swear, every time someone asks me what my book is about, I usually answer something along the lines of "it's about gypsies, and they use magic, and there's lots of fighting and...and yeah." It's just so difficult to come up with a basic plot of my story to tell people when they ask what it's about. But I actually came up with a summary that does the plot justice.

Yeah, I thnk your summary is much better than mine. I always get comments on how long it is. It needs to be shorter, but I just can't choose what to trim. I think that when it comes to your own story, it's a lot harder to decide on things like that, because of inherent bias xD

[font="georgia"]
Ooh, it's a writers' hangout. [x The title of the thread definitely caught my eye, so I had to pop in and take a peep.

The layout is really pretty. [:

And from the summaries of what you guys are working on, it looks like they're both really interesting. Have you guys posted these stories on Roli? O: Or are they hidden from the prying eyes of the internet in the hopes that one day they'll be published? [;

Oh, oh, oh, and... H i ~ <3

I'm aeronautique. [: You can call me... uhh... something. I'm new here, so I haven't got a Roli nickname yet. [x
[/font]

Hi Aero! And thanks, I'm glad you guys like the layout...it was a lot of trial and error xD I'm not very good with layouts.

I think that I posted the first chapter of my story here a while ago. Or it might have been another site, I really can't remember. But then I took it down because I'm really self-conscious about letting strangers read my story. I have given it to a few of my close friends to read and edit, though.

Wow, publishing...just the thought of my story being published is overwhelming xD

At this point I don't really know if I would have it published or not. I'm writing just for fun right now. I don't think I would consider doing any publishing until after I've already completed the story...which will probably take another year or two.

Do you write, Aero? :D

Bookmarking this for sure.

I'm working on a DSi right now so it's difficult to write much, but, I just wanted to say that I LOVE the concept and setup of the thread. C:

I'm glad this hangout got so popular and we have new people posting already, when we're only on the first page still.

I'm definitely determined to publish my story. I even took a publishing class back in September (with my dad who is also wanting to get something published). There are different kinds of publishing, and it's all really complicated, but since my story is not only fiction but also a series, I don't have as many options and that sort of makes things easier.

I didn't write that summary until last night, and i'm so super proud of it, because the plot of my story is so complicated that I have a hard time explaining to people what it's about, but now I can.
Basically I tried to make it sound as pretty as possible but use as few sentences as possible to explain as much as I could. :shock: If that makes any sense at all.

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗ B ∗ E ∗ A ∗ U ∗ T ∗ I […]

Gregor chuckled. "Well I wouldn't call myself unsa[…]

He nodded. "If I need anything I'll ask. I should […]

Ebony wasn't 100% convinced. She trusted Gabe, but[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!