Ask for help or give us suggestions!

Hello! I looked around this forum for questions similar to mine, but I couldn't find any that weren't totally dead...

So, basically I was wondering how to set my default Post Decor - that is, how do I set this up so that I don't have to spend an extra minute posting because I keep layering it manually? (For example, before I post this, first I have to wrap it in bold, then size, color, etc...)

Is there a way to set up my Post Decor to a default setting so I won't have to do that anymore? xD I've seen a lot about Post Decor around the site in general, but I can't seem to find where to adjust this particular setting!

Thank you so much for your time and help!!! ^w^

Re: Where can I set my default Post Decor?

` B̷̵̷e̵̴̵h̛̕i̛҉̀͢͟n͠͏̧̢̀d̸́͘͠͝ ̵̧̨̢y̡͏̵̵ó̷̡͢͝ư̷̶̕͠.̷̴̨̡.͏̡

@Faye Valentine
Hello! We don't have that feature on our site, but it's definitely something we may work on in the future.
The way I do it is save a notepad of the post style I want then just copy paste every time I make a post.

ヽ(゜Q。)ノ? 무서운거 재미있지..?

Thank you so much! That'd be an awesome feature. I appreciate the Notepad tip, most excellent! Goodness, that'll make things a lot easier, haha. Opening a Word document crossed my mind, but Notepad is just. Easier! LOL

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help! <3

` B̷̵̷e̵̴̵h̛̕i̛҉̀͢͟n͠͏̧̢̀d̸́͘͠͝ ̵̧̨̢y̡͏̵̵ó̷̡͢͝ư̷̶̕͠.̷̴̨̡.͏̡

@Faye Valentine
I'm glad I could help! :'D
I use Notepad a lot when I need to take quick notes! It opens so fast compared to Word.

ヽ(゜Q。)ノ? 무서운거 재미있지..?

@Faye Valentine : just some extra information and another tip.

I think we used to have it (or it was in the process of being made) but then some stuff happened on our website and we had to rebuild everything and I don't think that this function kept working on the new version. If it was ever finished that is. I wasn't keeping track of its progress. Maybe it was still in it's testing stages... So basically we need to remake it from scratch. And I have so much to do and so little time to do it >..> Also, I need to actually have a paying job too somewhere in there so yeah. Time is limited.

Now depending on your browser, there are certain extensions or add-ons you can install.

I personally use a Google Chrome webbrowser and I have an extension called ProKeys. Here I can save a certain amount of BBcode in a "file" on my browser and if I type "roli" (which is my call action) and use a certain key combination, all the BBCode saved in that "file" gets loaded into the text field.

So it saves me a lot of time by not having to copy and paste stuff.

I don't think I'm completely explaining it properly but the extension explains it all pretty well and has some examples made for you as well. So you can test some stuff out.

Although I must warn you, if you use ProKeys itself then make sure to put Facebook as an exception to this extension, because Facebook glitches whenever you use a ProKeys script there. But you can set up exceptions no problem.

So if you're using Google Chrome, definitely install ProKeys. You'll love it! (I bet Firefox and other browsers have similar add-ons/extensions! Just requires some looking up :smile: )

I'm already a fairy...

WOW, this is amazing! I'm only like, 5 minutes in to using this extension, but I'm already in love~! Thank you so much for enlightening me... this is true power, hahaha >:3c

Man, I'm sorry to hear about the rebuild fiasco. You mean you work for Roli on your own time?! OMG that's amazing! How kind of you! Hell yeah, you deserve a paying job... I'm not exactly sure what your work entails, but I can only imagine how busy you must be. To take the time to contribute to this site on your own time is really kind! A very generous use of your time~

... don't you know that?

@Faye Valentine :
Haha, yeah I love it too! Also whenever you make brackets of some sort, it autofills the other one, which can be handy when you want to add the tag b(bold) or u(underline) or whatever...
So I don't always need to go into the full editor to add in that kind of bbcode :P Ofcourse, I know the bbcode so it's easy for me. :p It also does the second quote when you press one of the quotes.

You can make different scripts with different call actions. I have one for "roli" and made one for "halloroli" which was the script I used during halloween :P Live is so amazing with ProKeys :laughing: I'm actually wondering if I can't use it on other sites, but then I realise my online life basically revolves around roliana. :laughing:

Yeah we don't get paid to work on roli. Except for the pixel artists. Everyone else works for free. IF roli paid me, I wouldn't need a paying job haha. I'd just focus on roli. Work on it fulltime.

I had a paying job, but it looks like the contract is going to end on February 9th. So need to look for a new paying job -sigh- Real life sucks. I'm hoping to get a job in administration, because I love doing stuff like that. But most likely it'll become a webdevelopment job again since I got more experience in that. -sigh- I don't like doing a webdevelopment job because then I go: "I have been programming the whole week, not really in the mood to do it in the weekend too. " So my work for roli doesn't happen. And if I have to chose, I prefer programming for roli = less pressure. And then do something more fun for a paying job = administration.

Oh look at me, totally going off-topic here. Sorry about that.

That's super awesome! Glad you had lots of fun! B[…]

I don't smoke because my job randoms and I care mo[…]

Hi there! I'm good as well! Welcome back to Roli! […]

I try that but it doesn't work very well because I[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!