roliana
Discussions, critiques, and advice on art

I'm painting a coffee table

Yup.

Been wanting a plain white one for awhile now and have been looking out for one at work. Well one finally arrived! It was originally £160 but we're a sale store so it went down to £90.

Still didn't pay that for it.

Told my manager I won't pay over £40 for it.... he offered me £70. (I don't think he knows how this works)
Two weeks later a colleague got it down to £37 after new banners went up advertising 75% off

So I got it under £40 :joy:

Drawing this on it... XXX only better because I can handle a paintbrush better than a burning tool :grin:

Just going to be plain black and white because I have a thing for monochrome. And its something I can add too over time as well which is fun.

Makes a change from a canvas I suppose!!
I have some canvas shoes to paint as well that i'm looking forward too

I'll post a pic as soon as its done!

Progress - Mah progress so far! XXX
UPDATE

Re: I'm painting a coffee table

Image☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗HAPPY∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧Image

LOL your manager should've taken you up for your 40 then! haha.

Ooh that looks like a very nice design and at the same time pretty tough as well.

I'm sooo curious as to how this will turn out though!

I've tried this kind of thing myself too but for some reason it never looks as amazing as I had it in my head. Probably has something to do with my lack of drawing skills....

Image☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗HALLOWEEN∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧Image

Yeah after purchasing it I made sure to rub it in his face :grin:

Its the circles i'm worried about o.O I've already drawn the sketch on the table, using some string around a pencil to get a somewhat circle shape lol. But its hard to tell how round they are when its a very faint sketch.

The tree sketch looks cool though. I've made it so you can view the table from either side, the roots can pass for bare branches and the branches the roots etc.

he said "Oh I wasn't sure if a customer would grab it before you found i'd lowered the price again" (I think hoping a customer would get to it before I would was what he meant there, cheeky sod)

He didn't know my colleague put the table in the stockroom for me as soon as he got the price down so it was guaranteed mine :joy:
My colleague is my new favourite person

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗BEAUTIFUL∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

Wow it's starting to come out sooooo nice!

//ish jealous---

Did you give your coworker a kiss as a thank you ? I think that action deserves a thank you kiss / hug :P -sharing the love-

☙≔≔★☽★☽☆♰☆♆⩶⩶∗CHAOS∗⩶⩶♆☆♰☆☾★☾★≕≕❧

Thankyous!
I haven't been able to get any further due to lacking daylight hours, so unmotivated once I get home from work D:

They'll be something across the whole table, yeah. But I'll be leaving a load of white spaces as well.

Don't think kissing a colleague would be appropriate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Did weasel him out of a naughty list recently though so I think i've paid him back.

Yeah pretty much what I do xD

When home I get hit with a wave of tiredness and by the time that passes and I feel motivated to do something its actually time for bed because I have to get up early the next day again D:

Spring is coming though! Which means extended daylight! More awake hours yay!

▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Yes! I'm hoping I can get a 9-5 job still. Or maybe.... work from home like... self employed or something >.>

✩77 the last show i watched was idol produce[…]

✩76 asdfghjk sorry i keep forgetting which w[…]

getting acquainted with the cosmos that is me ☾[…]

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!