roliana
Enjoy some chatter, make new friends, or join a club

Re: Doodlepeeps ~ Share & Love Art!

Name: Fufluns
Art Styles: realistic-ish
Mediums: pencil, ink, watercolour, acrylic
Strengths: portraits
Weaknesses: everything

I don't really post anything anywhere, so I hope it's okay that I just skipped that part.

Certainly, dear! It's up to you whether or not to post a link. Also, my apologies I'm not super-active past few days, I'm only able to check a few times a day with a fever. Mostly napping. But, four members now... yay! We shall have so much fun!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
It's nice to see a hangout for artists. I haven't seen one in a while... xD
Hope y'all don't mind if i pop in. Gonna try and be more active. c:

Name: Valefor, Val, or Vale.
Art Styles: uhhhh it's kind of all over the place. It's mostly anime/manga, but I'm trying to move away from that. xDD
Mediums: digital and traditional
Strengths: i draw mostly people/humanoids LOL
Weaknesses: backgrounds, full body, dynamic poses, animals
Art Link: Tumblr and Deviantart

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

@ivydoodle
I have a question, is there much difference between alcohol based and acrylic inks, or do you use acrylic inks so that you can use it with acrylic paint?

@Fufluns As far as i'm aware alcohol inks are more flexible. I've only ever tried cheap calligraphy inks before acrylic but you have to be really careful as one misplacement of water can ruin everything and you'd have to work fast to fix it. However you can get some really nice effects with mixing colours etc that way. It reminded me of watercolour and I was no good at that xD
Acrylic inks however are handy if your someone who likes more control over what you are doing and prefer to get line art down first. I use Daler Rowney acrylic artists inks and once it dries it is permanent, meaning no amount of water placed over it will make the lines budge. Which means I can line art, erase my sketches and then colour all I like before retouching up the line art. The colours are just as vibrant as well.

Thanks! I think I'll get some, then. :3
I didn't even know acrylic inks were a thing until I saw your profile. >.>

Nibs are super cheap anyway, so I don't mind if I break a couple experimenting. >.>

I hate buying new nibs! I have yet to get over the do I burn away the protective layer of oil? do I let it sit? Do I rub it away? WHAT DO I DO!?

So i've come to the conclusion I prefer the oil to not be there however burning it away bends my nibs, so I wait for it to naturally break down from use and then I cry when my nibs need replacing because I have to go through this all over again.

The two male voices were in fact members of the de[…]

http://78.media.tumblr.com/8577132b19d52eaaf8d1d2[…]

always nice to have ppl come back!

hi and welcome aboard!!

Help us keep Roliana alive and running!